Bold and essential design. Advanced electronics to ensure greater riding pleasure. Styling as unmistakable as its history. The new Monster 821 Stripe is the epitome of the values of naked motorcycles by Ducati. A racing livery to inspire an even more sporty feel and a fully adjustable suspension for even more sophistication.
- Type: Testastretta 11° L-Twin, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 821cc
- Bore x Stroke: 88 x 67.5mm
- Compression ratio: 12.8:1
- Power: 82.4 kW (112 hp) @ 9,250 rpm
- Torque: 89.4 Nm (65.8 lb-ft) @ 7,750 rpm
- Fuel injection: Electronic fuel injection system, 53mm throttle bodies with full Ride by Wire
- Exhaust: Stainless steel muffler and aluminium and cap; lightweight 2-1 system with catalytic converter with 2 lambda probes
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears, ratio 1.85:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=28/20 4=26/22 5=24/23 6=23/24
- Final drive: Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 46
- Clutch: APTC slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with control cable
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame attached to the cylinders head
- Front suspension: 43mm fully adjustable usd forks
- Front wheel: 10-spoke in light alloy 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Front Tyre: 120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- Rear suspension: Progressive linkage with adjustable monoshock. Aluminium double-sided swingarm
- Rear wheel: 10-spoke in light alloy 5.50 in. x 17 in.
- Rear tyre: 180/60 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- Front wheel travel: 130mm (5.1 in.)
- Rear wheel travel: 140mm (5.5 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 320mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Monobloc Brembo M4-32 callipers, 4-pistons, axial pump with ABS as standard
- Rear brake: 245mm disc, 2-piston floating calliper with ABS as standard equipment
- Instrumentation: LCD display
Dimensions and Weight
- Dry weight: 179.5 kg (395.7 lb.)
- Wet weight (KERB): 205.5 kg (453 lb.)
- Seat height: Adjustable 785 - 810 mm (30.9 - 31.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1480mm (58.3 in.)
- Rake: 24.3 deg.
- Trail: 93.2mm (3.7 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 17.5l - (4.6 US gal.)
- Number of seats: Dual seat
- Standard Equipment: Riding modes, Power modes, DSP Ducati Safety Pack (ABS + DTC), RbW, seat cover passenger handles, micro-windshield, ready for anti-theft system and DDA
- Warranty: 24 months unlimited mileage
- Maintenance service intervals: 15.000km (9.000m)/12 Months
- Valve clearance check: 30.000km (18,000m)
Emissions and Consumption
Technical data referring to power and torque was measured on an engine test stand at Ducati.
Weight data refers to the dry weight of the motorcycle without battery, lubricants and coolants for liquid-cooled models. Wet weights indicate total bike weight with all operating consumable liquids and a fuel tank filled to 90% of capacity (as per EC standard 93/93).