Performance where it counts
It has quickly become one of our most popular streetbikes, and it’s no wonder why. With a perfect combination of performance, versatility and price, the Honda CBR500R just might be your next bike.
The CBR500R’s engine is powerful, smooth, and offers a wide powerband with plenty of revs. And with four-valve combustion chambers, twin overhead cams and fuel injection, it can confidently keep up with many bigger sportbikes.
A 500 twin is a great choice for a whole lot of sport riders. Generations of enthusiasts have known it, and the CBR500R is the newest incarnation.
World-Championship DNA: While your new CBR500R may never go up against MotoGP World Champion Marc Marquez’s Honda RC213V—there’s plenty of technology proven on the track built into every Honda sportbike engine and chassis. No exceptions here.
Power You Can Rely On: The CBR500R’s parallel twin engine offers liquid-cooling, double-overhead cams and bulletproof reliability. This is a great all-around powerplant for just about any kind of riding you’re dreaming about.
Sporting Riding Position: The CBR500R’s riding position is right in the sweet spot without being too aggressive. Not too forward or too laid back, it’s great for commuting or carving up a canyon.
Finishing Touches: There is a full line of Honda Accessories for the CBR500R. Tailor your new bike to your needs with everything from a sport screen or color-matched passenger seat cowl to even carbon-look accents. Perfection is in the details.
- LED Headlights: The CBR500R sports a pair of powerful LED headlights. They’re small and light, throw out an amazing amount illumination, and feature a stylish shape. They completely change the CBR500R’s presence and give the front end a unique look.
- Digital Instrumentation: A full LCD screen features a digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CBR500R’s aluminum 12-spoke cast wheels are easy to keep clean, look great, and are another feature that just makes sense.
- Supersport Styling: Take a close look. Like what you see? The CBR500R offers styling that keeps it right at the front of the pack in terms of eye-appeal. The aerodynamic bodywork also provides significant advantages in air management for added rider comfort, along with a low drag coefficient and effective cooling.
- Step Seat: The CBR500R offers a stepped two-piece seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or winding roads, it also offers plenty of room for a passenger and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A take on a classic construction, the CBR500R’s diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
- DOHC Twin-Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the CBR500R engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The CBR500R features special shock settings for improved ride comfort. Its sophisticated chassis uses Honda’s Pro-Link® rear suspension; the nine-stage preload and 4.7 inches of travel gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS): Available ABS on the CBR500R helps you make confident stops under less-than-ideal conditions.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): PGM-FI continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions, ensuring a crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding.
- Disc Brakes: The front 320mm disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power. The front-brake lever is also adjustable for a perfect fit.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust: Beautifully polished stainless steel exhaust is integrated with the rear footpeg set for clean, functional design. The exhaust tucks in tight for better mass centralization (and consequently better handling) while also providing a crisp exhaust note.
- Engine Type: 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67.0 mm x 66.8 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm disc; Honda ABS
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240 mm disc; Honda ABS
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 25.5 deg.
- Trail: 102 mm (4.01 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 427.6 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gal.
- Model ID: CBR500RA
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Pearl White, Grand Prix Red
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.